Thursday, September 10, 2009

Keep Moving!

Hello! So things are still moving along, slowly but surely:) Some good news to report is that things are moving along for a stuffed animal drive at my work! They are very supportive of Project Smile's mission and I'm excited to have them involved. We have a few thousand employees in the NH area and our Community Relations department has been wonderful in helping to coordinate this activity.

I also got a call from a really cool Mom who is looking to donate. She had heard about us from another member of their local Mom's club, and contacted us to do a donation. I'm going to meet with her this weekend! It's always fun to meet new people:) She mentioned they might be interested in having a stuffed animal drive within their club - which would be awesome! I'll keep you posted.

Hmm...other things that are going on....I seem to be pretty busy these days! I love being busy, so it makes me quite happy actually:) I keep in touch with everything via my iPhone (yay Apple!). I have to keep working on our "Miles of Smiles" event next year - we're going to have a 5K! Yay! All the details aren't final, but we're shooting for sometime next year, early summer or fall. More to come:)

I'm going to be in Billerica, MA this weekend at the Yankee Doodle Homecoming weekend! It's a big fair/community event with a parade, activities, booths and more! I'll be there supporting my HS Alumni Association, but these events are always great to continue to spread the word about Project Smile!

I'm super excited about the Date Auction next week - I can't believe its almost here! Catherine & crew have been working super hard on it, and let me tell you - it is sooooooooo much fun! Gypsy Bar is an amazing venue and the show is packed with beautiful singles, fabulous guests, delicious food and drink and of course - incredible entertainment. It's a no-brainer!

Ok, well that's it for now! I had a very yummy sandwich for lunch - Seedling Cafe! They are a local sandwich shop that has really neat creations - lots of organic salad and wrap. Yum! I'm a big fan of local businesses and this one is just fabulous!

Until later....TTFN!

No comments:

Post a Comment